For ‘School of Law’ Blog Click Here
The University library collection includes books, journals, magazines, newspapers, PhD Thesis, MPhil Dissertations, journal archives and other electronic resources.
- Thesis & Dissertations
All the E-resources subscribed by the library are IP based and can be accessed anywhere on the campus. Details of e-resources are listed on the library webpage.
- E-Journals/ Database
- Open access materials
- Faculty Publications
- A.M Mathai Collections ( Journals/ Books on Mathematics)
- Braille books
- Indian Legal Cases (since 1836)
- Encyclopedias and Dictionaries
The University’s Digital Repository stores scholarly contents like books, monographs, journals, faculty publications, project reports, working papers, thesis & dissertations published by students and faculties of the University. The University uses e-prints to store its digital content.
Users can browse the repository by
- Year of publication
- Author or Division
(Digital repository Link: http://repository.christuniversity.in/ )
The library website allows online access to resources and services provided by the library. The website has the following features:
- Browsing through the Library Catalogue
- Direct links to online resources subscribed by the library
- Briefs on resources and services offered by the library
- A glance at the new arrivals of the library
- Login portal to library account
- Remotexs facility
- Contact information
Library website link: http://library.christuniversity.in
Computers and Laptop facility
The library has the DIGI WORLD section for computer use as well as for laptop users. All the systems have internet connectivity. Wi-fi facility is provided for laptop/mobile/tablet users.
The library has symposium halls for group discussions, meetings and presentations by faculties and students. The Symposium hall can be reserved at the circulation desk ahead of scheduled use. The symposium halls are provided with additional AC, TV and Wi-Fi facility. Students can use symposium halls for a maximum of one hour.
The library provide lockers for storage of personal belongings during the library hours. The locker keys are issued in the patron account and are mandatory to return the keys before leaving the library to avoid fine.
The library has elevator to access all its floors.
Drinking Water, Washroom and Fire Exit
Drinking water and washroom facility is available in the library. Each floor has a fire exit.
INFORMATION AND RESEARCH HELP
The library provides research support to MPhil/PhD Scholars. Research associates are given orientation classes on the usage of electronic resources and online databases. Research scholars also get access to Plagiarism and writing tools subscribed by the library.
Things to carry while visiting the library
- Library Card: Your ID card is your library card. If you are visiting the library for the first time, please report at the library circulation desk. The staff at the counter will help you to scan your ID card at the access gate and allow you inside.
- Library Password: You need your library password to access certain online resources. You also need a password to renew your books online. Your password is given to you on the first day of your class. It is a random password generated; you may change it once you login.